Coffee House Press began as a small letterpress operation in 1972 and has grown into an internationally renowned nonprofit publisher of literary fiction, essay, poetry, and other work that doesn’t fit neatly into genre categories.
Through our Books in Action program and publications, we’ve become interdisciplinary collaborators and incubators for new work and audience experiences. Our vision for the future is one in which a publisher is a catalyst and connector.
Adventurous readers, arts enthusiasts, community builders, and risk takers—join us by making a tax-deductible donation today!
Donate securely through PayPal by clicking the donate button below.
You can make a recurring donation or enter a dedication for your donation in the note box on the donation page.
Your contribution, in any amount, makes a difference and goes toward:
- New literary publications by diverse, innovative, and genre-defying authors who are too risky for commercial publishing houses
- Career sustaining support and creative opportunities for the vital writers of our time
- Funded internships, beginning careers in publishing for young people who can’t afford to volunteer their time
- Access initiatives such as book donations to Little Free Libraries and title formatting for blind and visually impaired readers
- Books in Action programs, like CHP in the Stacks, a library residency program that places artists in collections to create new work and shine a light on community resources
For information on how to donate stock, visit this page.